Municipal Butchery (16th-19th Century)
Former municipal service for the supply of meats within the City of Coria.
This former public establishment of Municipal Butchery (Carnicería Municipal) was run by the City Council, lending its name to the street where it is located, since this is the most prominent building in this area due to its impressive external appearance, as well as its significant role. However, despite the various restorations that were carried out on the building over time, it still retains the inscription, just above the huge granite arcade, that alludes to the process of its construction (1583).
A foundation that was granted by the Chartered Town of Coria and is represented by its uncrowned heraldic shield, with the illustrious Dr Fuslero as the Magistrate. By then, it was already operational but its premises had not yet been completed. In the 18th century, it has been described to have had total dimensions of 19 yards by 7 yards, in addition to the fact that it was used to supply beef, mutton and venison. On the other hand, at the beginning of the 19th century, the Cadastre of 1819, in its valuation of the property, revealed the precariousness of the building.